Our 150-strong international Intellectual Property/Information Technology group is one of the most highly respected around the world. Due to the strength and depth of our expertise, Taylor Wessing has an outstanding reputation in the field of IP and IT.
We can advise you on a wide range of IP issues through the full lifecycle of your business, and across a large variety of matters – from trademarks and designs registration, high profile licensing arrangements, regulatory advice, to representation in patent litigation and advice on patent transactions and other technology related matters.
The rapid pace of technological innovation in recent years has transformed the IT, media and telecoms sectors and has a large impact of many others. As a result, companies face a host of challenges, including enhanced data protection laws, not to mention keeping up to speed with ever-changing laws as new technologies emerge. We will provide all the specialist legal advice you may need on any IT or telecoms issue.
Since we have an extensive network of international offices that covers Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we are able to provide our IP/IT advice and expertise on a global basis. We also have a market-leading US inbound practice which gives us a clear understanding of the US market, US business culture, and the challenges US corporations face doing business around the world.
Hot topics & useful tools
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25 May 2018 and is a total overhaul of EU data protection law. With significant potential fines coupled with the negative PR associated with mistreatment of client/customer data, the GDPR and data protection are now boardroom issues. Find out more about GDPR.
- Visit our Global Data Protection Guide – a unique online interactive tool which compares the data protection regimes in over 60 countries.
- View our latest brand protection guide when doing business in Europe – On your marks, get set….Europe!
- The Taylor Wessing Patent Map is our new online interactive tool which compares the patent litigation regimes across Europe.
- View the findings of our latest Global IP Index 5th Report for a comprehensive assessment of how the IP regimes in 43 jurisdictions compare with each other.
- Keep up to date with all the developments on the Digital Single Market.